- 08-Feb-2013 to 31-May-2013 (EST)
- Professional Services
- DC, USA
- Full Time
Mercom Corporation is seeking a Senior Linux Engineer that will oversee the administration of the IT Linux Systems, including but not limited to the Windows Active Directory integration .
• Provide support for existing IT systems;
• Provide support for the systems that update, enhance, or replace existing Linux systems;
• Provide guidance and recommendations for systems that update, enhance, or replace existing Linux systems;
• Respond to incidents as directed by the COR or through the automated incident management system;
• Recommend and advising on any upgrades or changes to systems;
• Performing manual software installations, as directed;
• Troubleshoot problems arising with hardware to determine whether they are hardware or software related, and attempting to asses and remedy the problem either remotely, or on the spot;
• Deliver exceptional system usability, availability, and reliability to exceed customer and end-user expectations;
• Provide technical support including, but not limited to, design and implementation services, equipment, and tools related to Analytical Systems. This includes administration, monitoring, change management, configuration, release management, provisioning, security, performance and capacity management, and incident and disaster recovery functions;
• Report on the status and changes in the systems baseline specifically as it relates to such events as performance degradation, upgrade recommendations, underutilization or excessive usage, problem resolution, systemic changes or trends in service delivery or systems behavior. Report incidents and occurrences which impact or have the potential to impact user access to IT services, or which pose threats to health/safety or security in accordance with regulations, directives, policies and procedures;
• Manage event and workload processes across Linux platforms;
• Configure systems to comply with organization and federal security standards and policies for IT systems;
• Coordinate with the OCIO Change Control Board regarding all changes in the environment;
• Support security requirements and incident management reporting as required by the organization and federal security policy.
• B.S. in Computer Related field (Computer Science, Information Management, etc)
• 12+ years of experience in Windows/Unix/Linux system administration and network administration
• Scripting (Linux, Windows)
• Must have excellent, demonstrable working experience within the Linux REHL distro products including Active Directory integration;
• Must have excellent demonstrable working experience with VMware vCenter console;
• Systems administration knowledge on operating systems within the Linux servers and workstations running virtually;
• Extremely detail-oriented and able to follow standard methodologies for troubleshooting and development;
• Able to identify issues quickly and be able to resolve them in a specific timeframe;
• Excellent in problem solving and has an ability to make good decision;
Mercom Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, national origin, or any other legally protected status.
Mercom is a drug free workplace.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!
- Follow Jobs: